What is the one vital component that everyone needs to do a good job? It is motivation. Motivation is what helps us to perform well at whatever we do. But, though everyone has some kind of idea about motivation, it means something different for each and every one of us. For some of us, motivation is simply good work. For some, motivation is merely the realization or understanding that a particular work has to be done on time. For some others, the monetary returns or other incentives could be motivation enough to do a good job.
It is because of the varied meanings of motivation that leaders find it somewhat difficult to extract an equal amount of work from everyone. It is because of the different implications of motivation that teachers and soccer coaches cannot make everyone perform in the same manner. Our motivation levels are different, and our motivators themselves are different too.
If you are trying to bring out the best from your team, then you should first learn to be a great motivator. You have to think about your team, you have to think that they are contributing to progress, in whatever way they can. A good word of motivation could them reach where they want to go.
Motivation is for self as well. You have to keep yourself motivated to do various things. It could be any professional incentive, or a family objective, or a personal perk that might motivate you into doing something. Whatever it takes, you have to inculcate the value of inspiring other people within you.
Here are 7 ways one can stay Motivated:
- Music: Everyone has that playlist, which is for working out, walking or in the background while doing a chor at home or in the office, (well, usually in the office we have our earphones on, which we all have done at one point or another) So, why not pump it up! research has shown that music not only motivates up but also reduces our stress levels.
- The End Game: what does that mean one could ask? well, when given a task, which could be anything from creating a presentation to working out. knowing that is a ‘finishing line’ helps a lot with staying motivated, because what you are about to do will have some kind of results and one always good results, so one pushes themselves even more.
- Everything Will Be okay: Here I am going to quote two of my favorite quotes, the first being “Everything will be okay in the end… if it is not okay, it is not the end” this is one I say to myself quite often, when I lose motivation of feel that I might be getting anxious. the second is something I once read and stuck with me. “Man, he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never to die, and then dies having never really lived.” – The Dalai Lama. Know I know many article use this quote, but the truth is it is so true and wakes something up in you.
- Write it down: I know a lot of people do not like doing this, I am one of those people, well, I was. writing one’s thoughts, ideas or plan of action down on paper, not only make your thoughts clearer. also, having it written in front of you, actually helps you with not getting tempted, looking at social media or watching your guilty pleasure on T.V. its like saying well I will finish this list and then I can do as I please.
- Stay Positive: sometimes staying positive is not easy for anyone, after all, we are only human. So, imagine you are having one of those days and everyone around you feels the same, if not worse. Now that doesn’t really help you right? well I know it would help me, I would just want to crawl up in my bed and not bother. The reason I say that is to make sure you know how important it is to say around positive, motivated people.
Remember motivation comes in all shapes and sizes, everyone does not get motivated in the same way.